portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, February 02, 2017

More LYLE


we always love some Lyle Lovett boots and this is no exception from Big O again this morning


Lyle Lovett - Des Moines 1999

Now I LIKE the Big Band stuff he does and I like the Small Band stuff he does but here with the wondrous John Hagan on cello (a true favourite) and on bass with Viktor Krauss this is simply lovely.

This being '99 it is a set supporting the release of that year's album 'Step Inside This House' Lyle's double album of Texan cover songs and none the worse for that.


and the other day (did I mention?) Midnight Cafe posted the most staggering quality set from earlier in the nineties so for this too so we have been spoiled somewhat these past weeks

Lyle Lovett - Minneapolis 1992


review of Midnight Cafe's here Blog critics Bootleg Country - LL

and covers here geetarz - LL covers

either way if you are a Lovett fan you need both these awesome boots

UPDATE: and still more Lyle - astounding quality from draftervoi over at the Voodoo Wagon

Lyle Lovett - Westwood One - Hollywood 1989

A Radio Broadcast in FLAC format and breathtaking quality


Lyle Lovett
Westwood One Presents Show #89-26
For broadcast the week of June 19, 1989
The Roxy, West Hollywood, CA

01. Westwood One Presents #89-26 Intro - Jim Duncan
02. God Will
03. This Old Porch
04. Give Back My Heart
05. Commercial - Phillips 66 Gasoline
06. Dominoes Pizza
07. Commercial - Dramamine
08. If I Had a Boat
09. If I Were The Man You Wanted
10. L.A. County
11. Commercial - Nestea
12. Commercial - Dramamine
13. Commercial - American Express - Karl Malden
14. Here I Am
15. She's No Lady
16. Commercial - One A Day Vitamins
17. Commercial - American Express - Karl Malden
18. Commercial - Dramamine
19. Cowboy Man
20. She's Hot To Go
21. Commercial - American Express - Karl Malden
22. Commercial - Dominoes Pizza
23. Commercial - Sears
24. M-O-N-E-Y
25. Stand By Your Man
26. Westwood One Presents #89-26 Outro - Jim Duncan

This was likely recorded in March of 1989.

"And this old porch is like a steaming, greasy plate of enchiladas
With lots of cheese and onions
And a guacamole salad
And you can get'em down at the LaSalle Hotel
In old downtown
With iced tea and a waitress
And she will smile every time..."

and I always wondered . . . . . . from one of my favourite LL songs where the LaSalle Hotel was . . . . . This Old Porch


Click here to order Lyle Lovett releases.


3 comments:

draftervoi said...

I just ran across this while looking for more Lovett...I'm glad you liked my digitization of the WW1 show! Makes me feel all the time removing clicks n' pops was worth it!

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks draftervoi! good of you to drop by . . . . . I noticed your comment and I looked at the original post and it made me change the edit a bit as I shamefully didn't credit you or the Wagon (!?) and have now corrected my mistake!

All the bestest of the bests
Stay well and safe

draftervoi said...

Hey, well, I'm not about credit, that goes to Mr. Lovett for the wonderful show. I started digitizing for my own listening...originally my tape cassettes, because my 2003 Subaru no longer had a cassette player. They guys at Voodoo Wagon blogspot were kind enough to let me join as an additional author; I'm all thumbs when it comes to blogs. I'm just happy that the shows are still circulating! :)