portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, December 29, 2017

I found this over at Voodoo Wagon . . . . . . I saw Coliseum several times over the years and mostly at free open air concerts or festivals . . . . .along with the Keef Hartley band when they were around . . . . . they were my introduction to modern jazz . . . . . .




This is worth a look because it has a stellar line up with Clem Clempson  Dick Heckstall Smith and John Hiseman and the legend that is Chris Farlowe on lead vocals doing 'Rope Ladder To The Moon' by Jack Bruce and Pete Brown, pretty much all of whom played on the original from Bruce's 'Songs For A Tailor'

note - I bought my first Chris Farlowe album as I may have mentioned at about the age 13 and a Marble Arch album that had his 'Little Joe Cook' single of 'Stormy Monday parts I&II' on it that has stayed as one of my favourite songs of all time entirely because of how Chris sings it

Here for example . . . . . . .made it to this with my old friend John Northcote and his then wife Heather who turned me on to so much music



No comments: