portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, December 31, 2017

NEW YEAR'S EVE


Where's the Mistletoe!?
a continued thank you to all my pals and everyone who stops by to look  . . . . . . . (so almost nobody then ED) - gee thanks - 

This is dedicated to my pal Phil who we know actually does stop by and he is largely responsible for my adoration of Michele Pfeiffer. Fan now and fans then, dangerously close to starting a Fan Club but hey . . . . . . we are obviously much more mature now . . . . . . . ahem











Don't think there is any Catwoman to match Pfeiffer [and thus starts an argument but hey I am allowed my own personal preference] and would watch her in anything. The suit she donned in Batman Returns (1992) was allegedly not the easiest costume to work in and the rumours abounded that she had to be hand stitched into it. Not quite so but they made over 40 versions and getting her in required a lot of talcum powder!

"It was the most uncomfortable costume I've ever been in. They had to powder me down, help me inside and then vacuum-pack the suit. They'd paint it with a silicon-based finish to give it its trademark shine. I had those claws, and I was always catching them in things. The face mask was smashing my face and choking me... we had a lot of bugs to work out." Michelle Pfeiffer 

Top three Pfeiffer Films (today) Batman Returns,  Frankie and Johnny, Scarface . . . . . it changes un rotation but Catwoman role is usually up there being funny, witty, charged with a self possessed athleticism and defies categorisation 

1 comment:

diamonddave said...

Hi Andy, just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year - all the way from Yarnton! Keep up the good work, the whole world really does regularly pop in to see how things are!!
All the best for 2018. Cheers