portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, December 18, 2017

Of course we have mentioned the top three of my favourite albums consisting of several [well at least 25+] but here is one that never fails. 

We saw Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band at Oxford Polytechnic college and it stands as one, if not THE, best gig I ever saw. The MOST extraordinary audience across all age ranges and as soon as that keening note beamed in I was lost in blissful revery! It was around the time of Clear Spot and it stands still as my go to favourite album of all time as a result [Blood on The Tracks, Crawfish Fiesta, Astral Weeks, Electric Ladlyland, Who's Next notwithstanding . . . . .  ha ha ha ha ha ha]




  • My Head Is My Only House Unless It Rains
  • Captain Beefheart
  • Clear Spot
















My second favourite Beefheart album and possibly my other favourite single and video 

  • Ice Cream for Crow
  • Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
  • Ice Cream for Crow















Cut the cake . . . . . n we'll all get well!



No comments: