portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, May 23, 2020


EMILY BARKER 




Hello everyone, 
This Saturday 23rd May at 8pm BST, I'm going to premiere a very special concert that happened at Levitt Shell in Memphis in 2017 with all the incredible musicians who were a part of the making of 'Sweet Kind of Blue'.
I'll be watching with you to chat live and answer any questions. 
Hope you can make it!
Emily 

❤️
Emily Barker's photo.





Please join me for this livestream of my 2017 show at Levitt Shell in Memphis. TN

                                                                      Copyright © 2020 Emily Barker, All rights reserved.
This is one show I’ll always remember. Memphis, Tennessee – October 15, 2017. I had been invited to play one of Levitt Shell’s annual Orion series of shows and had jumped at the opportunity to perform the whole of Sweet Kind of Blue with the amazing musicians who recorded the album with me at Sam Phillips Recording Service. I’d asked them if they might be free that night and the answer from all was a resounding yes!
I arrived in Memphis on a warm, sunny October morning, ready for two days of rehearsals. Matt (Ross-Spang, producer of the album) had arranged for us to rehearse at the studio – it felt so good to be back in that room with a group of musicians who had become close friends over the course of two weeks the previous summer.
On the Saturday of the show the weather turned. The temperature dropped dramatically and there was a persistent fine drizzle that settled in and continued for the whole day. The crowd, understandably, was smaller than it might have been on a warmer evening, but nothing could dampen our spirits as the eighty minute set seemed to race by.
I’m so glad we had decided to have the show filmed – a permanent reminder of a very special chapter in my musical life. Memphis, I miss you – and I hope to be able to visit you again soon!
Emily x


Well that was superb what a fantastic live stream and to be joined by Emily alongside with chats was a rare added bonus. Great band. If you missed it and still want to catch up you can now watch here on YouTube



Emily Barker here

No comments: