portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, May 30, 2020

KATE RUSBY

SINGY SONGY SESSION NO 11
lock down musics

"The Old Man"
(from Awkward Annie)




Now there have been eleven of these thus far and the clue is in the title  . . . . . . I don't quite know why I haven't posted these before . . . sheer stupidity I reckon but Kate and Damien have been engaging us with their repertoire from their home studio for several weeks now and only to interrupt with an appearance on the wonderful Folk On Foot Front Room Festival II. She is so engaging and really funny when she introduces their songs and as I keep saying Damien is a somewhat under appreciated guitarist (IMHO)

Enjoy! I did! Crackingly funny song with the age old theme of the battle of the sexes with an 'old man' claiming he can do more work in one day than his wife can in three (never a good idea . . . . . . . .  blood will be spilled!)


2 comments:

Jobe said...

Good to see your back. When you're gone for more than a day I worry

Andy Swapp said...

Ha ha bless you Jobe! You do make me smile! As I check in with FBS and VW everyday it makes me worry when there is something odd or someone else comes in and posts!! ha ha ha . . . . . . . .
still here still ticking (just!) and still checking it all out

Thanks Jobe as ever!