portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, September 20, 2021

The Monkees KHJ Radio contest event 1966 complete footage

 Colour footage from the “Last Train To Clarksville” radio contest. 

Monkee appearances start at around 6:00.



I love this and the music no matter where it comes from or who plays upon it is really cool

Now I have said before about the Monkees and how I rushed home after my paper round in the evenings to watch them on the teatime TV spot . . . . .  but this is absolutely fascinating and there will be folks who say it is all The Wrecking Crew or the Candy Store Prophets and they didn't play their instruments, well eventually they did and much of this could, I say, could, have been written by Mike Nesmith here Youtube has the details such as they have them WMG (on behalf of Rhino (Pure) tracks listed as :

Of You - The Monkees (vocals by Mike)

This Just Doesn't Seem To Be My Day - The Monkees  (this doesn't seem to be on there to these ears)

Last Train to Clarksville (Original Stereo Version; 2006 Remaster) - The Monkees

The radio show? Don't know . . . . .don't really care except that they kept it in the vaults somewhere, as indeed will I. Some of the instrumental tracks here are just plain delightful!


Check it out


3 comments:

Jobe said...

I love this but I love The Monkees too and didn't know this existed. Thanks for this

Timmy said...

Thanx for turning us on to this video, Andy!

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks to you both! I wasn't sure and some times think everyone else has seen everything I post but this made me sit up and and take note! I hadn't see it either Jobe! Glad you both agree. Thanks for dropping by and Jobe I am so pleased as always by your constant support but also Timmy loved your personal intro description too!
Welcome guys!