portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, August 07, 2022

JOHN LEE HOOKER :: Don's Tunes [Facebook page]

 

'John Lee' by Frank Ockenfels

From Don's Tunes (Facebook page)

“I don’t feel like no legend,” John Lee Hooker said in the 1989 interview that follows. “I’m just a human being. I drink with you, I dance with you, I go out with you, I party with you. I love people, I enjoy bein’ with ‘em. I’m human, just like you.”  
Writing songs comes from the heart and soul. Just heart and soul. If you look at me, you think this guy don’t know nothin. But I can look right through a person and tell what they’re thinkin. I can tell if it’s a kind-hearted person. I never got much schoolin cause I didn’t care. But I’m fine, I’m blessed, and I love people. That’s what keeps me goin, I think."

No comments: