portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

More Terry Hall from O My Soul and I Guess I’m Dumb


The Specials - Ghost Town



The Specials // Friday Night, Saturday Morning

I wish I had lipstick on my shirt instead of piss stains on my shoes




“If people keep coming up to me asking why I’m so miserable, I’ll act miserable - I’ll also tell them to fuck off." 

-Terry Hall

tiptoeboy:
“
“If people keep coming up to me asking why I’m so miserable, I’ll act miserable - I’ll also tell them to fuck off.“
-Terry Hall
”




 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


from guessimdumb:


  • Track Name

    I Can't Stand It

  • Album

    More Specials

  • Artist

    The Specials

:

The Specials -  I Can’t Stand It  (1980)

When More Specials came out I honestly didn’t know what to make of it. Several songs like Rat Race and Hey Little Rich Girl sounded like the Specials that I knew, but songs like this and Enjoy Yourself, well… they sounded so strange and loungey.  It started to grow on me, and now I consider this album just as essential as the first.  Rhoda Dakar of the Bodysnatchers on vocals with Terry Hall.

  • Track Name

    The More I See (The Less I Believe)

  • Artist

    Fun Boy Three


Fun Boy Three - The More I See (The Less I Believe) (1983)

Does anybody know any jokes?


guessimdumb:



The ColourfIeld - The Windmills of Your Mind (1984)

I was a big Terry Hall fan back in the day, and this tune was on the 12" Take single. Wistful and autumnal, it’s obviously a cover of the song made famous by Noel Harrison in The Thomas Crown Affair

No comments: