portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, December 31, 2022

More of Terry Hall . . . . . . Well Fancy That & Forever J

  • Track Name

    Forever J

  • Artist

    Terry Hall

Terry Hall - Forever J (1994)

"I’m not sure why Terry Hall’s death seems to have hit me harder than I would have anticipated. Something about his deadpan, detached, and melancholy vocals always struck a nerve with me, whether it was the Specials, Fun Boy Three, Colourfield  or solo. Here’s a shoulda been a hit from his first solo LP Home."

  • Track Name

    Well Fancy That

  • Artist

    Fun Boy Three

Fun Boy Three - Well Fancy That (1983)

"I woke up this morning thinking about this song - it was honest, brave, and absolutely heartbreaking. "

There’s no excuse
For child abuse
And the scars that it leaves
Where do you draw the line?

from the superb . . . . . Guess I’m Dumb

I agree with the sentiment above and I don’t think many fans were expecting how hard Terry’s death was to strike but its something about the damaged and the abused, the survivors of abuse have paid such dues to bring their songs to us we dearly wish them never to die

It don’t work that way sadly and we feel the loss of this highly sensitive soul and creative writer and singer all the more keenly . . . . .  Rest easy now the pain is over

2 comments:

Kostas said...

Happy New year

Andy Swapp said...

And a Happy New Year to you too Kostas!