portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, January 19, 2023

JEFF BECK GROUP LUANNES DALLAS TEXAS (USA) JULY-17-1968 | FLOPPY BOOT STOMP

 Mo’ Jeff Beck

I missed this one the other day over at HQ (Floppy Boot Stomp) posted by subadoo and largely because Mediafire was playing up and not letting me access (like the Manassas from BBChronicles) and it is really worth checking out. Always a fan of early Beck and albums Truth and Beck-Ola when they came out (we played little else for a while and Truth still influences my choice of blues numbers I fall back on and his rhythmic changes really taught me a great deal). At first I was sceptical and always am rather of ROIOs of the late sixites and early seventies as I doubt their quality but this is highly listenable and great fun. It seems to have been remastered in 2014

Jeff Beck Group - Dallas Texas 1968 - Floppy Boot Stomp


THE BAND
JEFF BECK GUITAR
ROD STEWART VOCALS
RON WOOD BASS
MICKY WALLER DRUMS
 
SET 1
1 You Shook Me
2 Let Me Love You
3 I Can't Hold Out
4 Beck's Boogie
5 Sweet Little Angel
6 Shapes of Things
7 Hi Ho Silver Lining
SET 2
8 Beck's Bolero
9 Rock My Plimsoul
10 Oh Pretty Woman
11 Morning Dew
12 Mother's Old Rice Pudding
13 The Sun is Shining
14 I Ain't Superstitious


 Rock My Plimsole - Jeff Beck Group Dallas Texas USA 1968


There are various covers all over the internet music blogs but here’s a couple I like 






No comments: