portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, January 09, 2023

JJ Cale the early years - J.J. Cale: Naturally 1971 + Troubadour 1976| URBANASPIRINES

 Lovely post about JJ Cale this morning from Kostas over at Urbanaspirines and whilst I don’t usually link to posts about currently still commercially available releases this one is important to me . . . . . . . . 

JJ Cale Naturally (71) & Troubadour (76) - Urbanaspirines

I bought Naturally when it came out and loved Clyde, Call Me The Breeze, Magnolia and Crazy Mama especially and our discovering it had little (if anything!) to do with Clapton. I first heard it from my old pal John Northcote who was at Sunshine Records here in Oxford and went on to greater things running many of the super venues in London (Brixton Academy, Break For The Border etc). I was always fascinated as to what he had done to his Harmony guitar as I owned a few!

Cale died of a heart attack on July 26th, 2013, at Scripps Hospital in La Jolla CA





Crazy Mama

Clyde

Both still readily available from Amazon for around a fiver so go buy them there or wherever you get your music from these days and after reading Kostas’ review!

1 comment:

Kostas said...

Thank you Andy