portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

A Quick One (While He’s Away) - THE WHO | URBAN ASPIRINES


                           

                                        The WHO on Urban Aspirines HERE 


Now my old school pal, neighbour and first real drummer I knew (you out there, Malcolm?) bought this when it came out and we learned of course Boris The Spider by rote and loved this album and Kostas does it suitable justice here as well as a back catalogue link (see above) Check the WHO out there . . . . . . . .I think I left the boys there and it wasn’t until I caught up with Who’s Next and saw them at the Oval here in London I piqued my interest again! Bloody mods! So fickle.

I think I have mentioned unlinks elsewhere that it was at the Oval concert I ws hit on the head with a pipkin of beer (about 7 pints I think! Empty fortunately!) still I did enjoy Quintessence earlier in the afternoon (Gungamai!?) groovy mahn!


Also . . . . . . 

                            THE WHO - BBC SESSIONS 2000

Happy Jack': The Who Make Their American Album Chart Debut

check it out!

For Kostas!

1 comment:

Kostas said...

Thank you Andy as always.