portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Artist of the Day : Sybelle Baier - Forget About (1970/1973 ish) | GUESS I’M DUMB

Sybelle Baier Forget About (197?)ing

Actress and folk singer Sybelle Baier recorded a bunch of songs at home in Germany between 1970 and 1973. They weren’t made public until her son made copies to give to family members and select people. J Mascis passed it on to the Orange Twin label, which then released it. It’s very intimate, melancholy and beautiful.

"Have, want, exert Guess Im Dumb!


and of course my apple cant cope with the link again  . . . . . . just checking, so here goes the YouTube link . . . 




You made me forget about
Have, want, exert
And all of a sudden, I feel proud
Of being, without saying a word
You made me forget about
Past and pain
Time, you washed out
Like a soft, sudden, summer rain
You do me good
You do me
So good, you made me forget about
Hmmm
You made me forget about
Have, want and exert
And all of a sudden, I found out
Oh, it's beautiful, the way you wear your shirt
You do me good, you made me forget about
Hmmm

Songwriter: Sibylle Ingrid Baier

No comments: