portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Song of The Day : Bon Iver - The Wolves

 I caught this watching the film The Place Beyond The Pines with the wonderful Ryan Gosling and then wife to be Eva Mendes (was it where they met I wonder!) and Bradley Cooper. A good film maybe not a great one but absorbing and a curio in many regards. Great acting and the youngsters in it too were really good. Strange almost off hand story . . . . . . . 


this was the closing theme I think . . . . . love Bon Iver and we haven’t featured anything for a while


N.B. I didn’t realise that Mendes suffered addictions and got straight and after her recovery met and hooked up with Gosling and they then went on to be one of the most interesting couples in filmland to me . . . . a Hollywood family and no mistake, both very interesting IMO


 The Place Beyond The Pines

No comments: