portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, September 17, 2018

Well here's another rockingest (it's a word!) great for a Monday morning from the ever wonderful Floppy Boot Stomp . . . . . .I have blurbled on about the Faces and I loved the Small Faces and the Faces too when Rod Stewart took over Matteus Rosé Ltd (how he introduced the band when I saw them back in '72) and I don't think I have this down in the vaults but certain tracks jolted me into wakefulness this morning. This is fine fine quality if only in the recording and the playing is as loose as you would expect but they always teetered on the edge of sobriety and sloppy drunk play but heck check this and if you want a testament listen to Ronnie and Rod singing McCartney's 'Maybe I'm Amazed'  and you will be! I liked that looseness at their peak and it is just this side of falling apart . . . .that would come later . . . . . 


It is called Prince in the Park and I don't really know why and the front cover features Tetsu on bass as opposed to Ronnie but hey, we forgive them that . . . . . 

Alternative covers:





Live At Pirates World, Dania, Florida, USA 2nd November 1970. 
(61:20)
Intro
2. You’re My Girl 
3. I Want To Be Loved 
4. Maybe I’m Amazed  
5. Country Comforts 
6. Flying 
7. Cut Across Shorty 
8. Plynth / An Old Raincoat Won’t Ever Let You Down / Gasoline Alley / Plynth 
9. It’s All Over Now 
10. Feel So Good;: 
Rod Stewart – Lead Vocal Ron Wood – Guitar, Vocal 
Ronnie Lane – Bass, Vocal Ian McLagan – Keyboards, Vocal 
Kenney Jones – Drums


Cool as . . . . . . . 

also on YouTube  here . . .

Enjoy! I did . . . . !


2 comments:

Jobe said...

Dude I like your cover better!!!

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks Jobe but it's not really 'mine' as such just found a different one . . . . . I wanted to find one with Ronnie on it as no offence to Tatsu but it's Ronnie's era!