portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, May 06, 2021

KATE RUSBY - 'Until Morning'

 UNTIL MORNING

Kate Rusby

Philosophers, Poets and Kings


Kate's website

Kate posted links to this song of hers yesterday and it seems it was written for a friend, Jodie, who tragically never got to hear it.

She says: 

My lovely, beautiful friend would have been 40 today.

✨❤️
I wrote this song for her and I was waiting for the album to be released to surprise her, she didn’t get to hear it.
But I love that her memory lives on, not only in this song but more importantly in her wonderful wee girl who we love and adore.
Kind, gentleness and love to you Jodie. ❤️
Denise and Joe, she was so gorgeous 🌈☀️✨🌸

UNTIL MORNING

In the deepest, darkest hour Where the strongest soul will cower And it feels like it's so long till morning I know your weary head needs rest And we both know you've done your best So I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning I know the world's been cruel of late And your heart can't bear the weight And it feels like it's so long till morning But together we are bound So I will keep you safe and sound And I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning Don't worry, let the night go drifting by And tomorrow you can fly In the dark night you are lost Counting stars to count the cost And it feels like it's so long till morning So I will catch the moon's bright beams To guide you gently through your dreams And I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning When there's stillness all around And your heart's a deafening sound And it feels like it's so long till morning I will stay with you, old friend So you can heal and you can mend And I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning Don't worry, let the night go drifting by And tomorrow you will fly Now it's time to make your peace Into the night your fears release And it feels like it's so long till morning And we will claim the night for ours And we won't see the dark for stars And I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning Don't worry, let the night go drifting by And tomorrow you will fly And tomorrow you will fly I dedicate this here to to the memory of Kate's friend and to all of us who have lost someone, to my brother, my father and my mother who I miss every day. To my mother and father in law. To my friend Stephen Blackman . . . . . all those we have lost . . . . let me hold your hand until the day comes dawning

Buy 'Philosophers, Poets and Kings' here

No comments: