portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, September 11, 2022

JOHN MARTYN :: I'd Rather Be The Devil - on his birthday

JOHN MARTYN

on his birthday

Song For A Sunday . . . . . . . one about the Devil! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

John Martyn was born as Iain McGeachy in New Malden, Surrey on this day in 1948. A favourite of my brother's who played me an album called Solid Air and I was hooked!
A difficult curmudgeonly awkward bloody minded man, died too early from the effects of alcohol and drug abuse, given to affecting a strong Scottish accent when the mood took him and yet possessed of the most extraordinary musical and poetic talent at once unique and ethereally beautiful at times.


I'd Rather Be The Devil


Some People are Crazy - Rock Goes To College BBC broadcast

May You Never (for my brother, Steve)

No comments: