portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

THE BAND LIVE AT WEMBLEY 1974 (UPDATE + CSN&Y)

 THE BAND

LIVE AT WEMBLEY 1974

MYSTERY TRAIN - THE BAND

Rarely do I find footage of gigs I was at but I looked for this for an age and only really just stumbled across it. I have said elsewhere that we went to see CSN&Y and Joni Mitchell but the Band were the ones I ending up being totally converted to and they boogied everyone else off the stage!
 It is when I first remember being impressed by them and especially Rick Danko . . . . . . Superb stuff!

The full set is here . . . . . . . 


Joni at Wembley 1974

Robbie

Levon



and with thanks to visitor Dell here's the CSN&Y set

4 comments:

diamonddave said...

Yo neighbour. I too went to this concert. Afraid I don't remember too much about it - apart from CSNY doing a great version of Blackbird. Still got the programme.
As an aside, never really got into The Band until around 10 years ago. Guy I worked with had everything by them and gave me some stuff to listen to - absolutely love them now (although I do prefer Robbies' solo stuff).
Cheers and keep up the good work. DD
PS as I know you love this stuff: Did you know Matt Bellamy (Muse) his dad was guitarist on Telstar by Tornados back in 1960s?

Dell said...

Excellent gig, remembered well!

Dell said...

FYI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAhLp-NLl8

Andy Swapp said...

Hey DiamondDave! Great post and that gig was a milestone for me. The last time me and my then girlfriend, soon to be wife, and my brother and our two best friends John Northcote and his first wife Heather went to see something together. Great concert. We sat right be the VIP box and saw Robert Plant and his wife, and various others (Bomber Harris Dave Dee [sic] et al) and a generally happy day was had by all. But for me The Band were a revelation as I say.

*and NO I did not know Matt Bellamy's dad was in The Tornados!!! Telstar was one of the first 'singles' I recall my brother buying I think
AWESOME!

BTW thanks for dropping by Dell its appreciated. If leaving links can you say what they are, please?
Cheers!