portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, November 03, 2022

Country Joe McDonald "Tonight I'm Singing Just For You" 1970 - TWILIGHTZONE

 

Country Joe McDonald - Tonight I'm Singing Just For You - TWILIGHTZONE

At the time of this release, a lot of Country Joe's audience had the nerve to act surprised and put off when he released an "actual country" record......Fifty plus years on the 21st century listener need not heed those cultural limits of a bygone era. This is a fine record and dovetails perfectly well with its predecessor solo LP, Thinking of Woody Guthrie. - tkdcoach


Well said tkdcoach as this is lovely and surely we can all have a straight day and attempt some American Songbook classics? I have been a life long Country Joe fan from his work with his Fish and to an Art college movie soundtrack we saw that blew me away Quiet Days In Clichy (check it out, its Filth!) from my Henry Miller period (as a lusty student I read everything I could find!)

Quiet Days In Clichy (1970 film) wiki

No comments: