portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, November 09, 2022

DUSTY SPRINGFIELD "Complete A & B Sides" 1963-1970 - disc I & II - TWILIGHTZONE

 Nice mono selection of Dusty Springfield's A & B sides of here singles collection from TWILIGHTZONE this morning and a great selection it is too. I hope they follow up with the second disc soon. The notes as ever are worth a read too . . . . . Dusty remains an intriguing figure not least for her position in music and America adopting her perhaps more than the UK at times but also in terms of her struggles to face and come to terms with her sexuality making her a complex character  much loved of the gay community but a troubled soul by the social mores and pressures of the day.

Dusty Springfield - Complete A & B sides Disc One - TWILIGHTZONE






note: this item is seemingly long out of print and is only available second hand. If you know otherwise please get in touch fi you wish for me to take it down.
Furthermore: 
A few folk I subscribe too post items still very much commercially available and I do not post these despite enjoying them sometimes but by preference will not do so. There have been a few times recently from places like Zero G who posted the excellent John Renbourn's classic Faro Annie which I remember from when it come out but according to Amazon UK it is still available as is their posting of the historically fascinating Cisco Houston Sings Woody Guthrie both of which I was about to post links to when I found they were still commercially available (sic) apparently and I would strongly advise not downloading but buying such (I shall buy my second copy this way!) but if the current habit of saying that something is down to the last copy or two of being still available at over £50 for example I take it they are out of print and fair game





No comments: