portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Bob Dylan Meets President Jimmy Carter 1974

Bob Dylan visits Governor Jimmy Carter at the Governor's Mansion, Atlanta, Georgia, 1974. 📸: Barry Feinstein

I love Bob’s response to this. It’s called honourable, loyal and true I believe . . . . . . . . . . 

In the March ’78 Playboy interview, Dylan was asked by Ron Rosenbaum what he thought of Carter claiming to be his friend. 
Dylan’s response was splendid. “I am his friend,” he answered, saying he thought “Carter’s heart was in the right place.” 
When asked if he felt Carter was using him by inviting him to the Governor’s Mansion that night, he replied, 
“No, I believe that he was a decent, untainted man and he just wanted to check me out.”


 

No comments: