portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, May 06, 2023

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band: An Anthology - The Elektra Years 1997 | URBANASPIRINES

 Nice, long out of print Paul Butterfield compilation available now from Kostas over at Urbanaspirines. The usual great visuals and neat history too of perhaps our finest white harp player ever. 

Sadly take at 44 from addiction like so many . . . . . . . 

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band the ELEKTRA years - URBANASPIRINES

Gonna go down to Louisana get me a mojo han’

 I got me a gypsy woman giving me the eye . . . . .




Enjoy it Mr Poobah!

UPDATE : Kostas is always so kind to drop by and thank me for the links I post to his site so this is for him!

If I have one criticism of the Anthology is that it didn’t include Got My My Mojo Working from the first album . . . . a stalwart and the first number I ever heard Paul play that made me sit up and say what the HECK was THAT!? 

2 comments:

Kostas said...

Thanks Andy.

Andy Swapp said...

Always welcome Kostas!