portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, May 09, 2023

The Velvet Underground - The End of Cole Ave., Dallas, TX, 10-19-1969 | ALBUMS THAT SHOULD EXIST

Another gem of hard work with Albums That Should Exist! A Velvet’s classic! And early too!

Read what Paul has to say about it from his extensive notes and research here . . . . . . .

The Velvet Underground - Live at the End of Cole Avenue 1969 - Albums That Should Exist

Paul notes:

Here's some further information from Jeff Leegood, the person who taped the concert. "On October 18, 1969, when I recorded the VU at the End of Cole I was sitting in the back of the place. When they took a break, Hans the roadie asked me to come to the back room, the band wanted to hear the tape. The recorder I was using (a Wollensak by 3M) had speakers (it was a stereo no less) built in so I could play the tape. I played some of what I had. So then Lou [Reed] said to me I could move up front and record them if I was willing to send a tape copy of their performance to their manager, of course, that was fine with me. I kept my word, and off they went."



No comments: