portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Following Paul McCartney’s birthday yesterday [HAPPY 81st BIRTHDAY!]

There’s not much new music around the bloggersphere so here are a few photos from the world of music and we will start with Sir Paul

Martha, Linda and Paul

Sir Paul consults the Muse . . . . . 

❝The first thing I’d have to say [in response to where his songs come from] is, ‘I don’t really know how to do it.’ Because I don’t. And I also don’t want to know how to do it. The minute I know how to do it, I’ll be bored: 'Oh, I know how you write a song, you go …’ To me it’s like magic. Every time it happens it’s like" - he makes an astonished gasp - “Who lit that candle? Wow! Oh look! The shadows.

I’m always, like, amazed by it, and that’s what I follow. I follow that amazement. It’s not like I’m doing it, it’s like it’s doing it, and I’m merely just following it.

If your day isn’t going that great, it’s lovely to go into a room with a guitar and make the day go great by making some music and getting involved in the magic of that.❞


Paul McCartney





Painting the banners for All You Need is Love broadcast 




No comments: