portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, October 21, 2018




“There was me - that is Alex - and my three droogs - that is Pete, Georgie and Dim.  We sat in the Korova milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening."
A Clockwork Orange (1971)





00:54




















Albums purchased when they came out continues with this masterpiece. I saw the film (I think in Banbury) when it came out and it mesmerised me, then for reasons best known between Stanley Kubrick and Anthony Burgess it was banned for years. The book too is an odd little masterpiece as is the author an odd little meister! To ban it for all those years is a mystery and I consider it all a masterwork of 20thC horrorshow! and clearly the soundtrack is Wendy Carlos' meisterwerk also and though she was called Walter then it stayed with me throughout my life . . . . . . . . 



A Clockwork Orange Theme - Wendy Carlos from Universal Music Library on Vimeo.

personally I recommend the entire album for your listing pleasure and that you then go straight out and buy it.How can any discerning record collection not have this soundtrack of soundtracks in it?
Beats me!


Complete available here



A Clockwork Orange Soundtrack (Vinyl) from Patrick Kelly on Vimeo.


Clockwork Orange soundtrack album

Walter Carlos - Clockwork Orange vinyl - Amazon UK
Walter Carlos - Clockwork Orange vinyl UK reissue here








"viddy well little brother, viddy well" . . . . . .

"Food all riiight? . . . . try the wiiine? . . . . " Patrick Magee my favourite Beckett actor . . . . 

No comments: