portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, October 15, 2018

WILFUL MISSING

Unsinkable Sailor

Can't quite believe it has been two years since the release of Wilful Missing's second album 'Unsinkable Sailor'. It blew me away (like all their work) when I first bought it upon its release in April 2016 and I never gave it a fair review on here. It is more mature somehow and reflects so many increasingly clever aspects of their intelligence both lyrically and musically. I really do think they deserved more broad a following and appreciation

If you are doubtful check out this opening track from the album 'Hunger' . . . . . . . 





Here they excel and singer songwriter Sam Kipling shows his acerbic and witty talent at its best
  • Parental warning

    • Explicit lyrics




three of my favourite tracks and I fail to see how these guys didn't get a bigger audience with this stuff . . . it is excellent!

No comments: