portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, October 30, 2018


21stC malaise . . . . . the cellphone hell!

One of the recent developments in social behaviour I struggle with is the talking and chatting through concerts these days and there are many ROIO's were this is the case. I have been to concerts like Bob Dylan at The Roundhouse where somewhat unexpectedly we were threatened with violence by drunks (why would you go to a Dylan concert to get pissed?) and yes he threatened to bite our faces off as he pushed past us! This seems to me to be a new attitude to modern music concerts and post punk I get it but seriously you can hear folks opening their hampers and clinking glasses and talking THROUGHOUT a concert all over the planet. I admired Ravi Shankar in the Concert for Bangladesh asking the audience to refrain from smoking  . . . . never mind talking! As Joni Mitchell liked to point out no-one ever harangued Vincent Van Gogh and shouted at him "Hey Vince, paint Starry Night again Maaahn!"

Failing to turn your phone off when you go to a music concert? 
I don't get it . . . . . .

so this is possibly one of the most depressing clips I have ever seen!



I despair . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

Derm said...

I've more or less stopped going to gigs because of the phone and camera people. Does my head in.
First time looking at your blog. Good stuff.

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks Dermot for the comments and thanks for dropping by . . . .