portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, October 22, 2018

EMILY BARKER


I'm a big Emily Barker fan and have pretty much everything I think and she has a new video out about which she says



"Hi  When my friend and regular collaborator, Patti Gaal-Holmes (artist, art historian, film-maker, writer) reached out to me earlier this year and asked if I'd be interested in working with her colleague, Babak Jani, I jumped at the opportunity.I met with Babak in a coffee shop in London and we talked about films we loved and how their aesthetic and imagery might work well with my song, 'No. 5 Hurricane'. Drawing inspiration from the symbolism in Wim Wenders' 'Wings of Desire’ and the palette and decor of many a Wes Anderson film, we discussed ideas on how to represent memories, passing time, regrets and the difficulty of letting go.We shot the film in two days at various locations around Bournemouth with an enthusiastic and inspired team from Bournemouth Film School at AUB. It was a wonderful experience and I'm really pleased with how it came out. If you haven't seen it yet, you can watch below!"
I love this video and she is always fascinating . . .I first came across her work when watching Ken Branagh's 'Wallender' in 2008 and have stuck with her ever since 


It's a track from her last album 'Sweet Kinda Blue' which you can purchase or stream here

https://kartelmusicgroup.lnk.to/emilybarker

No comments: