portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, November 09, 2020

Brian Eno

 Meanwhile . . . . . . 

back in the Aquarium!


BRIAN ENO

[Lou Reed to Nic Jones to Brian Eno! nothing if not eclectic!]

Aquarium Drunkard posts a fascinating Brian Eno interview with The New York Times' Lindsey Zoladz


Brian Eno's Music For Anxious Times 


A tremendous interview with Brian Eno by Lindsey Zoladz: And I thought, “What do I do with music?” Well, I use it to make the space that I want to live in. What I generally wanted was an atmosphere. That might be an “up” atmosphere, like sometimes all day I would have Fela Kuti playing. But then sometimes, I would listen to only the slow movements of string quartets. So I started to think, I imagine a lot of other people are doing this as well. Ambient really was a way of saying, “I’m now designing musical experiences.” The emphasis was on saying, “Here is a space, an atmosphere, that you can enter and leave as you wish.”




No comments: