portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, November 09, 2020

 Although if I am honest I am listening to mostly Nic Jones this morning after a blast from Uncle Lou and this may seem to be from

The SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUS

(or vice versa!)

NIC JONES


Try his 'Introduction to. . . '  from the peerless Topic Records




“I think this selection of tracks represents very well my working repertoire during the years I was a professional performer. In music, I have always liked stories, encapsulated in a rhythmic way. I have enjoyed the visions, true or false, black or white, philosophical or emotional, played to the best on my old guitar… So here are a few of those songs that will take you all around the world and, hopefully, set your own visions alight” – Nic Jones January 2019

Buy it here . . . .you won't regret it! 

The 14th release in Topic’s acclaimed ‘An Introduction To….’ series celebrates the classic English folk singer, fingerstyle guitarist and fiddle player, Nic Jones. Compiled by Nic himself, the album includes sleeve notes by Colin Irwin (fRoots/The Guardian) and two previously unreleased 2013 studio tracks, ‘Now’ and ‘I Only Spoke Portuguese.’ Available now : http://smarturl.it/nicjones


If you thought the Reed was early in 1974 try this from the John Peel Sessions 1976 this is what I am listening to this morning

No comments: