portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Emily Barker - checking out the piano at Brunel Goods Shed


This is what passes for a rehearsal I guess or as Emily says "checking the piano at Brunel Goods Shed"!! She has a live gig with the band there on 15th November (8pm) and you can get tickets below . . . . . but crikey if this is checking out the piano just imagine what the gig will be like!?

She is such a force of nature and I know her more as a guitarist singer songwriter but boy she can play the piano too and this is lovely . . . . so haunting!




Emily says on F/B
Enjoying my afternoon relearning lots of old songs I’d forgotten how to play! These are for the VIP solo after show set happening immediately after the full band show in which we play the new record from start to finish. 

Tickets to watch the band and solo show available from the link below. Happening this Sunday 15th November 8pm GMT. What time zone are you listening in?
 
You don't tend to think of artists having to relearn their own songs and this made me smile . . . . .I always wonder
I couldn't recite my own writings by heart and every time I pick off the guitar or play the piano things sound different! 
Still I guess it's her 'job' so . . . . . . . . . 


Here more about the gig and rehearsals . . . . . . 

Emily says . . . :
So exciting to be back rehearsing with the band! I hope you can join me for our livestream this weekend.
Big thanks to Miles and Lotte at
The Prince Albert , Stroud
for letting us rehearse at the pub and to Mark Lewis of
Northern Cowboy Films
who captured us enjoying our moment which we thought to share with you below.
Emily
x


No comments: