portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, November 19, 2020

BRIAN ENO

 A year with swollen appendages - 25th Anniversary edition

The diary and essays of Brian Eno republished twenty-five years on with a new introduction by the artist in a beautiful hardback edition.


My copy of the Brian Eno Diary 25th 
Anniversary Edition arrived just now and I am excited to read it (again) and register the differences in this edition. It is a beautiful hard back production from Faber & Faber and I am very pleased. Beautiful binding. Having ordered it so many months ago now I must admit when told I had a delivery to expect today I had almost forgotten what it was I had ordered (from Amazon) and thus when I worked out what it was I got excited about it all over again. 

'A cranium tour of one of the most creative minds of our age . . . [Eno] delivers razor-sharp commentary with devilish snarkiness and brutal honesty.' Wired



I think I have mentioned before that I first really discovered Brian Eno seriously through my tutor at Art School in Leicester, the composer Gavin Bryars, and have followed his work ever since (well both of them!). Brian came and lectured to us and I was struck by how interesting the man from what I thought of solely as the Pop Music world of Roxy Music fame was and I felt I was in the presence of a polymath even then. [Can't say I approve of the pissing in a Duchamp but hey we all make mistakes and upon mature reflection this may prove to be a low. Not the time for art student pranks Brian!] 

Brian Eno by Tom Phillips
















No comments: