portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, March 26, 2023

A Love Story “Bob Dylan and Suze Rotolo"

 

Don Hunstein     Bob Dylan and Suze Rotolo, Greenwich Village, New York City  1963


“I couldn’t take my eyes off her… The air was suddenly filled with banana leaves. We started talking and my head started to spin. Cupid’s arrow had whistled past my ears before, but this time it hit me in the heart and the weight of it dragged me overboard.” 


Bob Dylan, on meeting Suze Rotolo, 2004.


“Whenever I looked around, Bobby was nearby. I thought he was oddly old-time looking, charming in a scraggly way. His jeans were as rumpled as his shirt and even in the hot weather he had on the black corduroy cap he always wore. He made me think of Harpo Marx, impish and approachable, but there was something about him that broadcast an intensity that was not to be taken lightly.” 


Suze Rotolo, on her first encountering Bob Dylan at folk music happenings around New York City shortly after his arrival in the city, 2008

No comments: