portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, March 11, 2023

"The Chess Story From Blues To Doo Wop, From R&B to Soul Vol. 1 + 2 - TWILIGHTZONE

 There have been some great sounds around this week that I may have forgotten to mention my listing started with the Loudon Wainwright III Live which is great fun and worth a re-mention check it out down below but also . . . . . . . . 

from my listening list did I mention these two pearls . . . .  . . 

from Rocket 88 to I ain't got no home, Muddy Walters to Little Walter, Clarence ‘Frogman’ Henry to Chuck Berry and The Moonglows. From Howlin’ Wolf to Tommy Tucker, Little Milton to Fontella Bass

Not a duff track on it

Cheer yourself right up and play them all back to back . . . . .I know I did!



THE CHESS STORY - From Blues To DooWop, R&B to Soul


Vol. 1:
1 Gypsy Woman - Muddy Waters 2 Anna Lee - Robert Nighthawk 3 That's All Right - Jimmy Rogers 4 Rocket 88 - Jackie Brenston 5 Walkin' The Boogie - John Lee Hooker 6 I Don't Know - Willie Mabon 7 The White Cliffs Of Dover - The Blue Jays 8 Third Degree - Boyd Eddie 9 I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man - Muddy Waters 10 Reconsider Baby - Lowell Fulson 11 Sincerely - The Moonglows 12 My Babe - Little Walter 13 Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley 14 Maybellene - Chuck Berry 15 Later Alligator - Bobby Charles 16 I'll Be Home - The Flamingos 17 Smokestack Lightning - Howlin' Wolf 18 Ain't Got No Home - Clarence "Frogman" Henry 19 Susie Q - Dale Hawkins 20 Long Lonely Nights - Lee Andrews & The Hearts 21 Happy Happy Birthday Baby - The Tune Weavers 22 The Walk - Jimmy McCracklin 23 Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry 24 Book Of Love - The Monotones 25 First Time I Met The Blues - Buddy Guy 26 Please Send Me Someone To Love (bonus track) - The Moonglows 27 Bad Girl (bonus track) - The Miracles 28 I Want To Know (bonus track) - Sugar Pie DeSanto

Vol. 2:
1 The Sun Is Shining - Elmore James 2 Wang Dang Doodle - Howlin' Wolf 3 But I Do - Clarence "Frogman" Henry The Watusi - The Vibrations 5 I'm A Little Mixed Up - Betty James 6 Let Me In - The Sensations 7 Smokey Places - The Corsairs 8 You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover - Bo Diddley 9 Mama Didn't Lie - Jan Bradley 10 Help Me - Sonny Boy Williamson 11 Hi-Heel Sneakers - Tommy Tucker 12 Soulful Dress - Sugar Pie DeSanto 13 Selfish One - Jackie Ross 14 I Had A Talk With My Man Last Night - Mitty Collier 15 Voice Your Choice - The Radiants 16 The Entertainer - Tony Clarke 17 We're Gonna Make It - Little Milton 18 The 'In' Crowd - Ramsey Lewis 19 Rescue Me - Fontella Bass 20 Summertime - Billy Stewart 21 Searching For My Love - Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces 22 Dirty Man - Laura Lee 23 I'd Rather Go Blind - Etta James 24 Stay In My Corner - The Dells 25 Here Comes The Judge - Pigmeat Markham 26 If Walls Could Talk (bonus track) - Little Milton

available via Imagenetz for the UK and Zippyshare for everyone else!





No comments: