portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Irma Thomas - Jazz & Heritage Festival New Orleans LA 1998 - FLOPPY BOOT STOMP

 So some really nice posts over at HQ the last day or so . . . . first the Queen of Nawleans Soul herself Irma Thomas live! Over at Floppy Boot Stomp from Jeremiah who found some sterling stuff . . . . . . I discovered Irma through Dr John of course and have most officially released stuff so her live performances are always worth checking out apart from being a stone cold fox her entire life she was blessed with the most beautiful voice


Irma Thomas
Fair Grounds Race Course
Jazz & Heritage Festival
New Orleans LA
1998-05-02 
Digital Soundboard @320


01. Chicken Shack
02. To Be Real---Irma Thomas Intro
03. Love Makes a Woman
04. The Story of My Life
05. Love Don't Get Better Than This
06. Hold Me While I Cry
07. You Can Have My Husband
08. Hip Shakin' Mama
09. I Did My Part
10. Ruler of My Heart
11. Breakaway
12. It's Raining
13. I Done Got Over It---Iko Iko---Hey Pocky Way)
14. Band Introductions---Simply the Best
15. Sing It


Irma Thomas - Vocals
Warner Williams - Keyboards, Vocals
Kim Phillips - Keyboards
Arthur Bell - Guitar
Robert Harvey - Bass
Wilbert Widow - drums
Emile Hall - Saxophone, Vocals
Charles Earland III - Saxophone, Vocals
Frank Parker - Trumpet, Vocals

with

Marcia Ball - Vocals (Track 15) 



No comments: