portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, April 12, 2024

Earworms and One Hit Wonders | Sniff and The Tears : Driver’s Seat (1978)

 


"Driver's Seat" is a song by the British band Sniff 'n' the Tears from their debut album, Fickle Heart (1978).  It reached the top 20 in numerous countries including Australia, Canada, and the Netherlands.  In the US, the single was released in April 1979 and eventually peaked at #15 on the Billboard Pop Singles chart.



Think we posted this before but hey . . . . . . .  

3 comments:

Derek said...

Dare I to say, if permission is granted, that the LP Fickle Heart is amongst those perfect classic rock LPs at the same level of perfection than Hotel California, Rumours, Damn the Torpedoes, Beautiful Noise, A trick of the Tail, Strange man Changed Man, From the Inside. They were there the righ time, the right place. Unfortunately this LP got forgotten, except by me. I just love to play it from time to time.

Andy Swapp said...

Well of course you dare and permission always granted Derek!
I need to check out the album now and see if anyone offers it as an ROIO if it’s Out of Print. Of course I recall the single but the album eluded me! Maybe poor label support? But your view is always welcome here

Thanks so much for dropping by . . . . .

Gman said...

I've always enjoyed Driver Seat. Thanks for reminding me, as I haven't heard it for a while...