portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, April 08, 2024

From A Royal Institution of Great Britain lecture | Dr Chris van Tulleken on FOOD

 Is Diet Coke REALLY that healthy? 

Whilst its label might be full of green indicators, how healthy are its raw ingredients? Will drinking Diet Coke help you lose weight?
Join award-winning broadcaster, practising NHS doctor and leading academic Chris van Tulleken as he explores the invention of Ultra Processed Foods.


Well it scared the heck out of me . . . the whole lecture is worth checking out as before despair at what to do in the face of such processing and food fascism overtakes us what CAN we do to combat it!?



Personal note: he cites the thinking behind Alan Carr’s Easy Way To Stop Smoking the ONLY way I found out how to stop after 47 years and an addiction that proved to be the last one and now over ten years free from my addiction to nicotine (smokers please note) I cannot recommend highly enough. Its called de-programming, changing your way of thinking if you wil allowl, stopping being brainwashed if you will!? 
Of course this now leads me to look at what I eat as I am diagnosed amongst other things a type II diabetic!

I say again: 

 This started the beejayzus outta me and tis worth a long long look . . . . . .and listen to what we can do about it . . .the shortened version depressed me but the whole lecture is really worthwhile staying with in terms of what on earth (sic) we are doing to what we EAT!

No comments: