portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, April 22, 2024

The REPLACEMENTS : Achin’ To Be | O MY SOUL

Music to start the week?. . . .think so!


O My Soul

"And she’s kind of like a poet who finds it hard to speak.
Poems come so slowly like the colors down a sheet.

She opens her mouth to speak and what comes out’s a mystery.
Thought about, not understood, she’s achin’ to be.

I’ve been achin’ for a while now, friend.
I’ve been achin’ hard for years.”


thanks to that Alice over at O My Soul

4 comments:

Jobe said...

Now we are talking, America's GREATEST never were band

Andy Swapp said...

I’m a late comer to The Replacements (prolly thanks to FBS and VW wouldn’t be surprised) but heck this number choogles along a fair treat!

Thanks for pausing to stop n say so Brother!

Jobe said...

So you are a newcomer huh? Might I suggest you start with Don't Tell A Soul, to me this is my favorite Mats LP and the one tht has Achin' To Be on it, even though most critics and Mats fan don't hold it in the same regard as I do. Then I suggest, listen to Pleased To Meet Me followed by Let It Be then Tim. Solo Paul, my faves are Eventually, Come Feel Me Tremble and Grandpa Boy's Stereo/Mono. The I Don't Cares album is a keeper too. The Replacements and Paul Westerberg, IMO are one of the top five American bands of all time. I hold them in the same greatness as I do The Drive By-Truckers, Steve Earle, Tom Waits and Lou Reed. It's just a damn shame Paul Westerberg has retired from music. Anyway if you need a link to any of the albums I've mentioned above let me know and I'll post them over at The Bookstore.

Andy Swapp said...

Wow thanks Bro’ Jobe! I could do with some but happy to start wherever I liked this track no end!
Anymore would always be appreciated . . . .

Thanks so SOOO much!