portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Morning Musics - NICK DRAKE : NORTHERN SKIES (1971)

BBC Radio 4 - ‘Soul Music’ Nick Drake:Northern Sky

 

so I walked down stairs to the kitchen to find my wife listening to the radio and this was playing . , . , . , . great programme and interviews with other singers and players as well as Joe Boyd the legendary producer . . . . . . . . . great account of playing it for John Cale and his getting excited to hear Nick for the first time . . . . . . . . may it get Bryter Layter



I never felt magic crazy as thisI never saw moons, knew the meaning of the seaI never held emotion in the palm of my handOr felt sweet breezes in the top of a treeBut now you're hereBrighten my northern sky
I've been a long time that I'm waitingBeen a long that I'm blownI've been a long time that I've wanderedThrough the people I have knownOh, if you would and you couldStraighten my new mind's eye
Would you love me for my money?Would you love me for my head?Would you love me through the winter?Would you love me 'til I'm dead?Oh, if you would and you couldCome blow your horn on high
I never felt magic crazy as thisI never saw moons, knew the meaning of the seaI never held emotion in the palm of my handOr felt sweet breezes in the top of a treeBut now you're hereBrighten my northern sky

 

No comments: