portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

FLOPPY BOOT STOMP SPECIAL | LOU REED at the BBC RADIO 1 & 54th St Sessions | from Brother Jobe

Dirty Boulevard - Lou Reed Live at the West 54th Street Sessions 1998

Lou Reed - Sessions At West 54th 1998 - BBC Sessions 2000




Jobe says:

"A couple of Lou Reed radio shows here. By my calculations and from checking all of the other music blogs in the world there are only 64 more bootlegs left to post. So soon every song you've ever loved will have been posted. "


not only that but I have nearly finished the Internet!

What do we do then? Plug the guitar in . . . . it’s what Lou would’ve wanted!

feedback anyone?

well sort of  . . . . . . . . . . 

"I never liked The Beatles, I never really liked any British group, I don't think the British should play rock and roll... I never took British rock and roll seriously and I still don't." 

“I don’t think they should play anything.” For Reed, all British musicians were good for was playing in the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. “They’re good for that, and I suppose they should learn how to cook . . . 

and The Who? “So talentless, and as a lyricist [Townshend is] so profoundly untalented, and, you know, philosophically boring to say the least…

Roxy Music? “They bored me,” he declared. “I went out half-way to get a drink. I’ve heard some of the other stuff that’s supposed to be up my alley. But they don’t know what they’re talking about”

Journalists?  The “lowest form of life . . They’re disgusting. Mainly the English. They’re pigs.”


 – Lou Reed


We LOVE Uncle Lou don’t we?


Ecstasy -  Official Video 2000


Set The Twilight Reeling - West 54th Street Sessions 1998

2 comments:

Jobe said...

Ha...Ha...Ha great, just great

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks brother from another mother!!!