portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, May 30, 2024

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN : Black Star (Live) | GUITAR

You see this is what I mean . . . .I do not care for this at all! This is what I mean by virtuosity for virtuosity's sake when we have discussed this before
The pomp and the excess and the 'over playing' as I might call it. . . . I find it grandiose and unnecessarily and gratuitously shreddy (it’s a word!) complexity and showy for no good reason

Change my mind in the comments below?

Yngwie Malmsteen - Black Star, the first track from "Rising Force" album. It is ranked number 36 on Guitar World's "100 Greatest Guitar Solos". This track shows how Yngwie Malmsteen's music is classical music done with distortion, and true music theory. (Live) Official Yngwie Malmsteen  
#yngwiemalmsteen #rocnroljunkie

No comments: