portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

  XTC

GO 2


Now I have said before what a fan of XTC I was (still the loudest band I ever heard at a theatre here in Oxford) and one of the albums that struck me at the time was the brilliant GO 2 album and not least because it was clever and eye-catching in it's ground breaking cover art (Hipgnosis)






I think it is so clever and the first self referential meta-language text for an album I have ever found and it impressed me so much at the time. Finding it again now it was a source of great pleasure and still makes me smile . . . . .I think I bought everything they did as a band and tried to keep up with their off shoot projects, (Dukes of Stratosphear etc) solo antics and so on. I still greatly admire Andy Partridge and Colin Moulding's creativity and for what it's worth I still consider Terry Chambers amongst the very best of drummers and he regularly would feature in ky top ten pop drummers of all time. Andy & Colin possibly as among my favourite powriters  . . . . . . . Oh we go!
 


This is a video of the Song Battery Brides (Andy Paints Brian) the second track on the album GO 2 by XTC


This is a video of the Song Jumping in Gomorrah the ninth track on the album GO 2 by XTC



This is a video of the Song Meccanik Dancing the first track on the album GO 2 by XTC


This is a video of the Song Are You Receiving Me? by XTC this is not on the album GO 2 by XTC but is a single to try to get a single song in the charts for pop sales. I bought this and others when they came out from my local record store.

No comments: