portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, November 28, 2021

ZigZagWanderer - Search for Rare ROIO of Captain Beefheart Portmouth '75 and Glasgow '73

We have been contacted (who's "WE"?!The royal we? Delusions of grandeur? ED) by the legendary ZigZagWanderer and he is looking for a particular Beefheart boot so I thought I would try and draw attention and publicise the search. I don't have it and couldn't find it in the vaults. Anyone out there? Jobe? Silent Way? Anyone?

zigzagwanderer said...

If anyone out there does have the Portsmouth 1975 gig [see ; https://www.discogs.com/release/2660126-Captain-Beefheart-And-The-Magic-Band-Zappa-Commemorative-Set-1972-1975-With-Bonus] I would be eternally grateful for a copy .....

The links in the list I posted elsewhere earlier on this year are no longer , however I will have a new list available in a few months time . I am slowly uploading all of my Beefheart , the final list will consist of around 120 bootlegs , many in flac . 

There are still about 30 or so that I'm searching for [Glasgow '73 anyone ?] but I probably have 75% of those known to exist .  

Captain Beefheart - Locarno Portsmouth 1-12-1975

CDr9-1 Deserts Of Time (Poem - Intro)

CDr9-2 Moonlight On Vermont

CDr9-3 Old Black Snake (Acapella)

CDr9-4 Abba Zaba

CDr9-5 Beatle Bones 'N Smokin' Stones

CDr9-6 Poofter's Froth Wyoming

CDr9-7 Band Introductions

CDr9-8 Dali's Car

CDr9-9 When It Blows Its Stacks

CDr9-10 My Human Gets Me Blues

CDr9-11 Alice In Blunderland

CDr9-12 Natchez Burnin'

CDr9-13 Sax & Drum Duet

CDr9-14 Electricity

CDr9-15 Golden Birdies 



He also mentions Glasgow in '73

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band Setlistat Green's Playhouse, Glasgow, Scotland 

 


6 comments:

Jobe said...

I love a challenge. Let me see what I can find.....

Jobe said...

I'm not having any luck finding these

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks so much Jobe! I didn't either but your and Silent Way's searching is WAY better than mine I reckon. It IS much appreciated. I wondered if anyone posted it on Dime or Guitars 101 but I couldn't find either.

Jobe said...

Didn't see it at either place too

zigzagwanderer said...

Well bugger me ! I've been called many things [often derogatory ....] but legendary ?? You , Sir , are way too kind !

@ Jobe & Andy , thanks for looking for the Portsmouth & Glasgow shows . I'm still looking for around 20/25 recordings all told . Maybe one day they'll turn up ...

Andy Swapp said...

BRILLIANT! Ha ha ha knew you would appreciate that! Tee tee but I stand by my word and you only have to look at my old Beefheart page which is pretty much largely sourced [or shadowed] by your goodly self sirrah! We will still be a'hunting . . . . . . . . meanwhile have a cool Yule!