portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, May 05, 2024

Katie Grace Harris - Bedlam Boys / Ghosts of Lulworth


so friend and neighbour Diamond Dave dropped by to say, if I liked Emily Barker had I heard this local lass?!   . . . . . . coincidence is a strange bedfellow in my experience and I would call it . . . . Jungian synchronicity but check out the person on audio recording!!! Yup it’s ‘our’ Lukas Drinkwater (Emily’s husband!)

Bedlam Boys is the brand new track from my upcoming debut album. It's a contemporary rendition of a trad Folk song which can be traced back to a poem written in the 18th century about Bethlehem Hospital, London which was used to house patients suffering from mental health conditions. It is believed to be a satirical love song between 'Tom O Bedlam' and his lady 'Mad Maudlin'. Sign-up to my mailing list at Katie Grace Harris/ to be the first to hear updates, exclusive pre-order information and gig details or look me up on the below social platforms: Keeping in touch: W: https://www.katiegraceharris.com/ F:   / kgraceharris   I:   / katiegraceharris   T:   / katiegraceharri   'Bedlam Boys' arranged by Katie Grace Harris Audio Recorded by Lukas Drinkwater at Polyphonic Recording Audio Mastered by Ian Stephenson at Simpson Street Studios Filming: Matt Fleming at Minus Tone: https://www.minustone.co.uk Location: Manor Farm, Ardley


"'Ghosts of Lulworth' is a single from my debut album 'The Toledo Sessions'. It is a song about Lulworth Cove which is a place I was once lucky enough to call home. Local stories tell of the ghosts of dancing girls who can sometimes be seen on the beach at dusk. WW2 soldiers guarding the beach were the most recent to report sightings. Standing there saying my goodbyes to the beach before heading abroad for work, I had the sense that many, many others had said their goodbyes on that very beach over the centuries and that I was standing shoulder to shoulder with the 'ghosts of times gone by’." Katie Grace Harris

No comments: