portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, April 30, 2021

Emily Barker - FLIGHT PATH RHYMES - Released today!

Emily Barker
Emily Barker

Emily says: "Hello

I'm happy to say that today is the day Flight Path Rhymes is set free into the world."
Flight Path Rhymes by Emily Barker
Available exclusively from my Bandcamp page, it is a reimagining of the songs from my album A Dark Murmuration of Words.

Flight Path Rhymes was recorded with my husband, Lukas Drinkwater, at our studio in Stroud. Alongside the new versions of the songs, it features a reading of a poem called 'Murmuration Songs,' which I wrote as a means of tying together all the themes.

I hope you enjoy this new album as much as Lukas and I enjoyed creating it.

You can listen to the whole album now on Bandcamp, where you can also purchase it as a download or on CD if you like!

LISTEN TO FLIGHT PATH RHYMES

Listen (and buy!) Emily's wonderful 'new' album Flight Path Rhymes' out today!
Its a beauty and the thought occurs to me I am not sure of anyone doing a project quite like this but after the release and work on her previous album which I may have, mentioned as being perhaps her best and most mature piece of work to date, and with lock down being what it was/is had caused her to revisit the songs thereon and start writing some poetry [as opposed to lyrics] and using this as a jump off point reconfiguring /re figuring the works piece by piece into quite different pieces of music. Do we know any artist who has done something similar? I cannot think of any . . . . . . . . 

Both are beautiful heartfelt and the second 'piece' a joint work with her now  husband the wonderful fellow musician, Lukas Drinkwater.



No comments: