portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Jack Kerouac by Elliott Erwitt

Hey, Jack Kerouac!

As the post with the biggest numbers of 'hits' is a photographic one [Gary Winogrand - see below] so here's a masterwork by one I have actually met. I was fortunate enough to have been able to promote certain artists and photographers when the manager of BH Blackwell's Art & Poster Shop these included Elliott Erwitt, Eve Arnold, Robert Doisneau, and relationships with artist the like of the then Ruskin Master, Stephen Farthing, the lovely David Mach, Gilbert & George (who came twice so that they ended up calling me Mr Andy!) to name but a few. 

 Jack Kerouac, New York City, 1953. Elliott Erwitt. [Silver Gelatin print.]

My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them. 

~ Jack Kerouac.

Top posts visited

10,000 Maniacs  . . . . . of course! 



Jack with Steve Allen

No comments: