portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, May 20, 2022

Mike Oldfield - Dark Star Live American Radio Broadcast 2021- FRESH & ALIVE

 Now this is interesting and I knew of course the legendary Tubular Bells and my brother bought it when it came out so we poured over every nuance and I loved the narration by hero Viv Stanshall and I found the structure and time signatures absorbing but Hergest Ridge left me somewhat disappointed. Dark Star here is a different matter and I am ashamed to say I didn't know it so Fresh & Alive do us a favour here by covering the American radio broadcast


Mike Oldfield - DARK STAR - Fresh & Alive


01 – Sunset Door Tattoo (Live)
02 – Weightless (Live)
03 – Moonshine (Live)
04 – Maya Gold (Live)
05 – The Great Plain, Pt. 2 (Live)
06 – The Great Plain, Pt. 1 (Live)
07 – Altered State (Live)

No comments: