portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

The Her(m)etic Garage :: Hinterwald passes . . . . . .

 SAD NEWS

Silent Way From Floppy Boot Stomp/Voodoo Wagon has posted that he had heard on Sunday from the daughter of fellow music blogger Hinterwald of the Her(m)etic Garage who has passed away suddenly. 

Honoring a friend...

 I received an email Sunday with some very sad news...

Manon here, the daughter of Hardy (aka-hinterwald)
Unfortunately I have bad news. Hardy passed away in the night from Friday to Saturday, we found him yesterday afternoon. He was lying in his bed and does not seem to have suffered much. He wished to be cremated and taken to a forest keep, there will be no classic grave or funeral service, he didn't want that.
 
I found your emails, so I wanted to let you know as soon as possible.
I am very sorry for all of us that we lost such a great person.

Manon
 

I am deeply saddened by the loss of our friend 

and blog author Hinterwald  R.I.P

We will miss his contributions and unerring sense of fun coupled with his wonderful eclectic musical taste. I called him 'Major Grubert' in correspondence (how he addressed himself upon his blog when answering folks comments and queries!) and we exchanged good natured rivalry, good humour and compared musical notes from time to time and like Silent Way, Brother Jobe and the guys at FBS/VW, I always looked forward to checking out what he had posted, not least his massive contributions of musical feasts around Christmas time when he posted great swathes of fine music for us all to enjoy. 


We had similar shared interests in music and this caused me to post links to his postings for the likes of Patti Smith, XTC, Hal Wilner, Neil Young, Hot Tuna, and many more besides. We exchanged correspondence about his posting the wonderful concert in Greece by Brian and Roger Eno which I think is still available through his blog and one of my very favourites posted by him. This version below Embryonic Journey is a Jefferson Airplane classic from Jorma Kaukonen, here with Jack Cassady and Paul Kantner (stage left) live is for 'Hinterwald'

Our thoughts go out to Manon and her family and all of Hardy's friends and colleagues in the music blog world. We have lost a brother and friend as Silent Way says

2 comments:

Scottish Folkie said...

I get worried sometimes.
So many people who I either knew or admired have........
R.I.P.

Andy Swapp said...

I know what you mean SF. It comes to us all I'm afraid and more so as we get older. I have no clear idea as to how old Hinterwald was but guess it doesn't really matter on one level. We will miss a fellow brother in music