portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

The Lovin Spoonful - Do You Believe in Outtakes?? - Floppy Boot Stomp (Jobe)

The Lovin Spoonful Outtakes - Floppy Boot Stomp



Oh wow! Well this is a blast from the past and one for yours truly as I loved the Lovin'  Spoonful from the first appearances here in the UK and bought 'Hums' as soon as it came out here and cost 25/6d (ask your grandad!) and then everything I could lay my hands on.

I stayed with John Sebastian right up to Woodstock and the solo albums but the band hit me like a blast of summer sunshine and Nashville Cats, Darling Companion, Voodoo in My Basement, Rain on the Roof remain heartfelt songs in my own personal top playlist from the sixties so these outtakes which I had never seen before are especially true and resonant to me and I thank Jobe over at Floppy Boot Stomp and his unerring knack of hitting me with an all time favourite.

Thanks man!

No comments: